How can you recycle your old mattress?
- DROP OFF at 2150 MILFORD STREET:
- On the first and third Monday of each month (see dates below)
- Between 2 PM and 5 PM
- Bring your mattresses and/or box springs for FREE recycling
- Limit four pieces per vehicle. Proof of residency may be requested. Participants are reminded to wear a mask and practice safe social distancing.
- PICK UP: To schedule a pick up for your mattresses, visit BedShred.com (a small fee applies for this private service).
2021 Official Drop-Off Dates:
The 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, from 2 PM – 5 PM, (and some special one-time pop-up events!)
- January 4 and 18
- POP-UP EVENT- Saturday, January 29, 10am-12pm, 2150 Milford St
- February 1 and 15
- March 1 and 15
- April 5 and 19
- May 3 and 17
- June 7 and 21
- As this is a pilot project, the program’s success will be evaluated during the first 6 months to see if more dates will be announced.
Why should you recycle your old mattress?
Mattresses are bulky and springy so they don’t compact well and take up lots of valuable space in landfills. Save precious landfill space and give your mattress parts a new life by recycling your old mattresses and box springs.
What will happen to them?
Mattresses will be transported to a special facility in South Carolina to undergo a unique processing method.